Thursday, April 23, 2009

The gifts of imperfect parenting are made possible through authenticity (Brené Brown)

I was once again going through our Omega Institute catalogue, dreaming of one day taking our family for a workshop and vacation when I came upon this really interesting workshop with Brené Brown. I googled and found out more about the work that she does around shame and empathy. Her work spoke to me and this beautiful mantra about authenticity resonated very deeply.
I think this will be the most difficult thing in the world to do right now but it just feels like I really need to try.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love, love, love this. And want it hanging in my house. thanks a million times over for posting it, because this desire to live authentically, the invitation to grace, joy, and gratitude....it is what I'm writing and thinking and working on every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so blessed to find such a beautifully written mantra. I am glad it spoke to you as well!

    ReplyDelete